A.T. Camper Registration
Hiking and camping along the Appalachian Trail, whether for one night or many, offers the adventure of a lifetime.
By registering your camping plans, you will be able to avoid crowds and minimize the impact you have on fragile Trail resources.
- Enter your itinerary in sequential order - from starting point/date, to campsites, to the end point of your trip.
- Your itinerary must begin with a start point. The map will limit the displayed icons to possible start points until you select one and a start date. After that, the map will display the shelters/campsites that you can add to your itinerary, and will automatically pick the date. To select a map icon, click the bottom of the icon on the map.
- Use the map key to show/hide various icons if you wish.
- When "full", campsites or sections of the A.T. with capacities (quotas) that are in your itinerary will show a RED date on the calendar, and you will not be able to register for that site on the "full" date. Please select another site (or A.T. section) which still has space.
- Campsites and shelters show the design capacity when clicked. The calendar shows the number of other people registered for the site, both in the site info and on the calendar date box (below and to the left of the date number). If the campsite or shelter does not have a quota, you can still see if the site will be over design capacity on the night you register - and avoid it if it is over capacity.
- Click "Continue With Registration" to fill in your personal info, and when done with that click "Review Registration".
- After you have submitted your completed A.T. camping registration you will receive a PDF via e-mail with your itinerary.
- If your plans change and you are no longer able to keep your planned schedule please cancel your hike.
Appalachian Trail Conservancy. All rights reserved.